Rapid Full-Screen Alerts to All Computers in Your Facility
Truly effective mass notification must reach your users more than one way. Alertus Desktop gets the attention of your computer users immediately. When an emergency occurs and you activate a warning, Alertus Desktop will pop up a full-screen alert on all or select PCs and Macs in your enterprise, taking over the whole screen with a warning that's impossible to miss. Alertus Desktop can be activated through the Alertus Activation Software or your existing third-party personal recipient notification software.
Part of the broader Alertus facility notification solution, Alertus Desktop is simple to deploy and activates instantaneously when triggered through the server. As clients respond by clicking the "Acknowledge" button, you get unit by unit reporting which is so vital in tracking the effectiveness of your EMN system. Click on the tabs below to learn more:
- Intelligent Load Management: Dynamically adjusts polling interval to optimize notification speed while maintaining critical stability
- Highly Customizable: Alert text, logos, behavior, context menu text can be tailored to suit your organization’s needs
- Cross-Platform Compatible: Windows and Mac
- Easy Installation:Compatible with desktop management tools for unattended installs. Clients automatically configure themselves
- Dynamic Localization: Clients can be automatically assigned to groups using IP subnets or name, using custom rules you define
- Non-Invasive: Runs in background with minimal network traffic (~1 KB per request)
- Auditing / Reporting: Detailed real-time reports track who receives / acknowledges each message and the current status of each client
Alertus Desktop is activated when you trigger an emergency alert through the Alertus server, which is the heart of the entire Alertus System. Clients poll the server at preset intervals, activating within seconds in case of emergency.
|Communication||Clients pull alerts using standard HTTP|
|WAN Accessible||Configurable to allow off-site users to receive alerts, if desired|
|Secure||Pull based method does not require open listening ports. Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) verifies the integrity and authenticity of messages.|
|Installer||MSI (windows), MPKG (Mac)|
Client Computer Requirements
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 with the .NET 2.0 Framework (or greater) installed
- Mac OSX 10.5+
Network connectivity to the Alertus Server
Administrative permission for installation
Alertus Desktop is part of the much larger Alertus System, permitting multiple dispatch or "trigger" methods. Messages are sent through the same fast, flexible dispatch interface used to activate Alertus Beacons and other products in the system.
- Alertus provides you with credentials to download the Alertus Desktop server and client software from the Alertus secure portal.
- Read the installation guide and documentation found on our comprehensive Alertus support website.
- Install the Alertus Server software, which can be a stand-alone server or in VM mode.
- Configure the client software to suit your requirements.
- Deploy PC and Mac clients throughout your enterprise
Alertus Technologies is making available an Educational Grant to eligible institutions and organizations. Every campus and facility needs all the emergency mass notification capabilities they can get, but where will you find the money? The safety of millions, both students and staff, is being compromised by budgetary shortfalls and financial constraints.
If you need to expand your emergency mass notification but have little or no budget, we can help. Apply today for a full grant of Alertus Desktop with an enterprise perpetual license. Click here.