Alertus Desktop Notification
Alertus Desktop Notification
Truly effective mass emergency notification should effectively reach your users through multiple channels. Alertus Desktop Notification grabs the attention of your computer users immediately with a full screen (or optional partial screen) pop-up alert. When an emergency occurs and you activate a warning, a full-screen alert will appear on all or select PCs and Macs across your facilities. Alertus Desktop Notification can be activated through the Alertus Activation Software or your existing third-party personal recipient notification software.
Alertus’ optional enhanced desktop notification solution also allows organizations to send non-emergency notifications using partial screen or ticker alerts that provide less intrusive but equally effective methods for communicating company-wide messages.
Highly Customizable: Alert text, logos, template, behavior, and context menu text can be tailored to suit your organization’s needs
Flexible Display Modes: In addition to full-screen notification, quarter/partial screen and scrolling ticker notifications supported
Audio & Image Options: Automatically enunciate the alert message with text-to-speech or initiate sound files when a notification is received. Images can be easily embedded in the pop-up alert, or select from the provided library of useful emergency and informational icon images
Auditing/Reporting: Detailed real-time reports track who receives/acknowledges each message and the current status of each client
User Restrictions: Advanced permissions to partition and restrict user access to groups, nodes, alert settings, and preset alerts. Multiple permission levels can be designated according to organizational role
Map Interface: Displays the locations of all alert nodes with geographic location data on interactive aerial map, whereby alerts can be initiated to recipients in a circular or polygonal geographic area
ThreatWatcher: Retrieves and processes alert data from multiple external sources including NOAA weather alerts, general CAP and EDXL-DE alerts
Outbound Distributed Recipient/Outcall: Utilize the Alertus Console as your one-step activation of third-party personal recipient notification services
International Language Support: Bilingual and non-English messages
*Some features require enhanced support and are not included as part of the basic desktop notification option.
- Communication: Clients pull alerts using standard HTTP or HTTPS
- WAN Accessible: Configurable to allow off-site users to receive alerts, if desired
- Secure: Pull based method does not require open listening ports. Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) verifies the integrity and authenticity of messages.
- Installer: MSI (Windows), MPKG (Mac)
Client Computer Requirements
- OS: Windows XP, Vista or 7 with the .NET 2.0 Framework (or greater) installed or Windows 8 - 10 with .NET 4.5+
installed and 20 MB of free hard disk space
OSX 10.5+ including 10.11 ‘El Capitan’ and 1 MB of free hard disk space
- Network connectivity to the Alertus Server
- Access to a user account with administrative rights that will be used to install the application
Alertus Server Minimum Requirements
- OS: 64-bit Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, or 2012 R2
- Min. Hardware: 2.4 Ghz dual core processor or equivalent, 3 - 4 GB memory, 20 GB free disk space
- LAN Connectivity: 10/100 MB typical, 1 GB recommended
- Other: Virtual server e.g., VMWare) installations suitable; Port 443 must be unbound