Alertus K-12 school solutions
Simplify Emergency Communications From School Districts to Classrooms
In light of recent events, security and effective communications for K-12 schools is more vital than ever before. Alertus Technologies helps simplify the complexities of emergency communications to immediately inform administrators, staff, students, and visitors of emergency situations. The Alertus system is built to easily overcome restraints including buildings that are not staffed 24/7, large geographic areas, and when cellular networks are at their limits.
Alertus provides a comprehensive emergency notification solution that leverages your existing capabilities to create an integrated system that fits your organization’s needs. We achieve this by integrating with existing public address and outdoor notification systems and capitalizing on computer desktops across the school system’s facilities.
Alertus provides a number of solutions that allow individual schools to communicate with the district office, local police, and fire stations.
- K-12 schools can mount Alert Beacons® in their front offices, which enables school administrators to respond to imminent threats during a crisis situation.
- Alertus Desktop Notification instantly flashes full-screen pop-up notifications on all or select computer screens throughout the school district.
- Emergency Panic Buttons can be connected via USB to any computer or connected to an Alert Beacon. They can be mounted to a wall or under a desk, allowing school personnel to relay a distress signal to a district security or public safety office.
- Alertus' innovative Text-to-Speech technology can be tied to a school's existing voice public address system, enabling school administrators to share critical alert information district wide or to select schools.
Teachers and staff can use wall-mounted or computer-based Panic Buttons to easily alert other staff, the front office, or police/first responders in an emergency.
- Alertus Desktop Notification allows authorized school personnel to easily dispatch full-screen pop-up alerts to all or select computers throughout the school.
- Pressing a panic button can trigger a preset message over the school's Public Address System, alerting everyone of an immediate lockdown during a safety incident.
- LED Marquees and Alert Beacons can be deployed in large, loud-noise areas to draw attention with sounders and strobes in an emergency event.
- The Alertus solution can integrate with existing systems such as fire alarm panels, digital signage, cable TV, outdoor notification, and access control to provide a comprehensive emergency notification solution.
Enhanced Notification Capabilities
With even just a single Alert Beacon mounted in each school's front office, school administrators have the confidence that their district is well prepared to respond to imminent threats and during a crisis situation. The integrated sounder and strobes immediately capture the attention of staff and each Alert Beacon is equipped with buttons for schools to acknowledge receipt (for accountability) and silence their Alert Beacon.
Alert Beacons are designed to be scalable district wide or across an individual school's footprint. These devices can also be connecting to LED marquees and other notification devices.
Panic Buttons can be connected via a USB to any computer or connected to an Alert Beacon. These devices allow school personnel to relay a distress signal to district security or public safety offices.
Multiple panic button options are available to quickly and easily activate alerts for various emergency scenarios.